Team Member Affiliate Organizations
Every member of the veterinary team plays a critical role in the successful operation of a practice, in ensuring positive patient outcomes, and in protecting animal and public health. In recognition of the value the diverse members of the veterinary team bring to our clinics across the state of Florida, the FVMA is excited to invite those who are eligible to join the ranks of other veterinary medical professionals across the state as affiliate members of the FVMA. These affiliate member entities operate under the umbrella of the FVMA and offer the following exclusive benefits:
- Full-time, professional staff dedicated to your success: The FVMA staff is here to help you and answer any questions you might have, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Your professional interests and success are the FVMA’s focus every day. If we don’t know the answer, we’ll do our best to find it for you.
- Discounts and early registration on world-class continuing education and elite veterinary conferences: Our association offers industry-leading conferences and events, featuring world-class programs and speakers, cutting-edge lectures, and hands-on instruction.
- Extensive career networking opportunities with thousands of veterinary colleagues across Florida and the country: As a recognized state and national leader in our industry, we proudly represent more than 5,000 members and nearly 80% of the veterinary practices statewide. We strongly encourage peer-to-peer networking, collaboration, and partnership across the veterinary medical profession.
- Updates on the latest new and issues impacting veterinary medicine: The FVMA is committed to providing our members the most current news and information to advance their career development and animal health and well-being.
- Professional membership certificate suitable for framing, indicating your respective member organization and FVMA affiliation, and corresponding membership/certification card: We believe veterinary care team members should be appropriately recognized for their professional accomplishments and their hard work, passion, and commitment to delivering the highest quality care possible to patients and their owners.
- Distinguished, wearable enamel pin denoting your affiliate organization and term of membership and/or certification: High-quality pin marking your achievements that you can proudly wear on the job.
- Legislative and regulatory advocacy: As the voice of veterinary medicine in Florida, we work tirelessly each year to ensure veterinary interests are protected as thousands of new legislative bills are introduced. It is a fact that the FVMA’s advocacy program is the single most important intangible benefit our association provides. We aggressively work to implement legislation that enhances the practice of veterinary medicine and promotes and enhances animal health and well-being.
- Additional new and exciting benefits to be announced soon – stay tuned!: To better serve our members, we regularly evaluate new membership privileges to enrich your affiliation in the FVMA.
With a track record of excellence as a membership organization, the FVMA represents more than 5,000 members and nearly 80% of the veterinary practices statewide, who employ talented professionals like you. We pride ourselves in being the voice of veterinary medicine in Florida, and encourage you to join us and add your voice to strengthen our profession and your career.
To the right you will find more details, membership requirements, and applications for each affiliate entity. We look forward to welcoming you the FVMA family! Any comments, questions, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at (800) 992-3862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the tangible benefits of being an FVMA member is the ability to attend FVMA conferences at a discounted rate, being able to fulfill continuing education requirements while networking among peers.
With present CE offerings based in the Central Florida I-4 corridor and in South Florida, members in the Northeast of the state and the Florida Panhandle do not always have easy access to these opportunities. The FVMA will host regional conferences to ensure that every member is able to take advantage of its world-class CE. These conferences will rotate regionally on a cycle to guarantee that the needs of veterinary team members are being met across the state.